Panfakes Single Serving Recipe
Panfakes is a great low-carb breakfast recipe.
1 serving = 4 oz protein, 1/2 serving fruit
We also have a large batch version of this panfake recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp greek yogurt plus more for topping
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed, ground
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xylitol, divided or 1/8 tsp SweetLeaf Stevia powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or apple pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 fresh strawberries, diced
- coconut oil cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, vanilla, flaxseed, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon xylitol, cinnamon and salt. Let sit about 2 minutes to allow batter to thicken.
- Spritz a small hot skillet with cooking spray and pour in half the batter. Swirl to cover bottom of skillet.
- Batter will bubble pretty quickly, turn over, wait a few seconds, remove and place on plate.
- Repeat with second panfake.
- Mix strawberries with 1/2 teaspoon xylitol.
- Top panfakes with strawberry mixture and yogurt.
- You can also cook on a waffle iron.
- Alternative topping: Caramel Apple Pie, Strawberry Syrup or Fruit Compote.
- Can be stored in the freezer. Thaw 30-60 seconds before serving.
- Use as soft taco shells or sandwich "bread" by eliminating the vanilla and sweetener and replacing cinnamon with your choice of spices.